Working Vacation - General Information
Dolphin Dreams Images invites you to spend your holiday in our Working Vacation program.
You may not have time to participate in the volunteer program, but always wondered what working in paradise is like. This program will give you the chance to relax, explore and see ...
It is your choice to come on your own or with your partner to spend time with photography professionals who found their passion in the ocean.
Participants are typically 25 to 65 years of age.
The minimum stay for the working vacationer is 1 week, but can be up to 2 weeks.
We ask that you be available to work 4 days/ week, from 6 to 8 hours/day.
There is no charge for the working vacation program, but there are expenses for housing, food and scuba classes associated with participation.
It is possible to have ocean exposure every day of your program if you choose. There is no charge for a boat excursion if the working vacationer joins one of our professional photographers. We guarantee 2 boat charters per week for the working vacationer.
Your Responsibilities as a Working VacationerAs a Working Vacation participant you will be able to observe, participate and assist in the dynamic every-day logistics of a production company who is specialized on filming marine life while snorkeling or scuba diving.
You will be involved in the pre- and post logistics of a shot, observe the actual obtaining of footage as well as assist the post-production and create the final product for the customer:
Pre- and Post-Logistics:
- Prepare equipment needed for the shoot
- Load and unload boats with our scuba diving and camera gear
- Assure that batteries are charged for our cameras, lights and all support equipment
- Go with us on tours to film dolphins, whales, turtles, manta rays, and other marine life (scuba diving is optional)
- Set up scuba gear
- Desalinate photo, video, and scuba equipment
- Act as a safety diver (optional)
- Observe and process incoming orders for videos and stills
- Prepare and duplicate DVDs, CDs, and Online Downloads
- Learn editing techniques and work flows to maximize production efficiency
- Assist with packing and shipping of items sold
- Where applicable, provide foreign language translation (if this is an area of expertise)
Educational & Research:
- Assist us in monitoring manta rays and dolphin activity by keeping accurate records of times, locations and numbers, etc.
- Take part in scuba education courses (assist and participate)
- Learn about endemic Hawaiian marine life
If this all sounds to be to good to be true, then make sure that you check out the testimonials from former participants.
Learn more about this incredible opportunity to vacation in Hawaii and at the same time live and work with local ocean/marine life experts.
Check out the requirements and costs involved and if you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.